I’m loving the studded trend at the moment and when I saw this pearl studded collar from from Stripes and Sequins I was totally inspired. I had intended to start this DIY months ago, but I got a little distracted by life and everything else (also, the glue I ordered took about 3 weeks to arrive!). As there are so many studded collars popping up in the shops at the moment I feel a little unoriginal even posting this, but oh well, here is my attempt at the studded collar:
What you need:
- A plain shirt (I couldn’t find a cheap one in the shops so I ended up sacrificing one of my favourite Miss Selfridge shirts).
- Glue (I used Aleene’s Jewel-It Embellishing Glue, [as recommended in the original post] so that the shirt would still be washable).
- Studs (mine were of the iron-on variety, but using glue instead allowed for greater accuracy).
1. Pin down the shirt and arrange the studs.
2. Apply glue to the back of the studs using a toothpick.
3. Place studs on shirt and press down. Repeat with other studs.
4. Continue gluing studs all the way around the collar.
5. Allow to dry before wearing or washing.
The Finished Product: