I’ve already shared my cork stamps, but what I haven’t yet posted is what I actually used them for. I needed a set of coasters for my room and seeing as I had a sheet of cork to spare I figured that would be the perfect material to make them from. After a failed attempt at creating stripes on the coaster shapes (if someone could tell me what I’m doing wrong that would be great), I decided to flip them over and decorate them with my stamps instead. For a project that I was about to abandon, I think they turned out pretty well. Here’s how you can make your own:
What you need:
- A sheet of cork board
- Something circular to draw around (I used an old drinks coaster)
- A craft knife
- A sheet of felt
- Stamps and ink for decoration
- PVA glue
1. Draw around old coaster or something the right size/shape onto the cork board.
2. Cut around the template with a craft knife (it was pretty difficult to create a perfect circle, but I like mine despite being imperfect).
3. Get stamping!
4. Cut a slightly smaller circle out of the felt and attach to the back using the PVA glue.